On Wednesday, March 7th, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Marshfield Airport (GHG) will host the United States Costguard (USCG) for its annual Commercial Fishing Vessel Safety Day.
This free event is open to the public and will include sessions on survival gear, life saving techniques, and helicopter characteristics -- as well as capabilities and preparedness at sea -- all presented by USCG flight crew.
Also featured will be an in-depth tour of a U.S. Coast Guard Sikorsky MH-60T Jayhawk helicopter -- as most recently seen on the television series "Rescue Alaska" -- used for search and rescue, law enforcement, and enviornmental protection missions.
Other highlights will include:
- Survival rafts on display
- Information on the use and care of survival suits, used for protection from hypothermia in cold waters
- Flare demonstrations (weather permitting). Bring your old flares for disposal -- and for demonstration use!
- Interactive stability model on display
- CG P-6 dewatering pumps display (used for removing water from a flooding vessel)
- USCG Defender Class 25 foot Safe Boat on display
This event also provides the opportunity to:
- Schedule a FREE commercial fishing vessel or Charter boat exam
- Interact with members of USCG Auxiliary Flotilla 12-08, who will be on hand to answer recreational boating questions
- Gain safety awareness, learn, interact and build new friendships and partnerships!
We hope to see you March 7th! Click here for driving directions to Marshfield Airport.
*Children should be accompanied by an adult.